E-PROPS PROPELLERS : FLIGHT TESTS
The E-PROPS propellers are tested on ground (see GROUND TESTS), and also on flight. A lot of flight tests campaign are made by customers, especially during carbon propellers' developments for UAV. Some flight tests are confidential, but some have been published.
Here below are some results of these tests.
SOME FLIGHT TESTS CAMPAIGNS E-PROPS
(click on the links to see the details of the tests)
made by E-Props team / May 2016
Tests made by the pilots of the Gaz'aile association
Comparative of :
- Variable pitch propeller PENNEC design PENNEC 2-blades diameter 146 cm
- Fixed pitch PENNEC design 2-blades diameter 146 cm
- Adjustable pitch E-PROPS VORPALINE S 3-blades diameter 152 cm
Match E-Props / Pennec Variable pitch = E-Props wins !
E-PROPS : better than a variable pitch propeller !
Best performances, more simple = security, weight
- Comparative tests on WT9 tow aircraft (April 2016)
The 3-blades E-PROPS propeller ground adjustable pitch
- is lighter (gain 9,5 kg)
- less expensive (gain 3 879 €)
- with a 6,5 time higher TBO
is significantly more efficient than the 3-blades variable pitch WOODCOMP
made by a owner / pilot of Europa. Objective : increase the rate of climb
Gain of weight = 2,2 kg
Gain of rate of climb = + 15%
- Comparative tests : propellers on MB2 Colibri (HAPI VW engine 1835 cm3, 65 hp)
Made in Switzerland
Comparative of :
- 2-blades fixed pitch ArrowProp diameter 132 cm
- 3-blades adjustable pitch E-PROPS BELISANDRE diameter 146 cm
Better performances in roll distance (gain of 30%), airborne distance, climb rate and noise measurement => gain of 5,9 dB(A)
- reference propeller : composite 3-blades ground adjustable pitch
- E-Props Durandal 100-R propeller : carbon 3-blades ground adjustable pitch
Result : with the E-Props, rate of climb is better of more than 30 % against the reference propeller
* Test report dated 17/01/2007 : Dynamic with reference propeller
* Test report dated 20/05/2014 : Dynamic with E-Props propeller
Test pilot : M. Michel Riazuelo. MCR4S F-PADC (n°166) – Mai 2014 – Cholet Le Pontreau airfield
"Performances at take-off and climb are better with E-Props than with 3-blades Dyn'Aero propeller"
=> See the tests here (in French)
Test pilot : M. Michel Riazuelo. MCR Sportster F-PMTR (n° 256) – April 2014 –Cholet Le Pontreau airfield
"Take-off and climb performances with the E-PROPS are better than those obtained with EVRA propeller, and are similar to the performances obtained with a variable pitch propeller ARPLAST PV50 Constant Speed".
=> see the test report (in pdf, in French)
=> see the news of the Blog
Technical comparison established between an E-PROPS 4-blades EXCALIBUR and a reference propeller on a gyrocopter MAGNI M16 equipped with a ROTAX 914 turbo.
- EXCALIBUR allows a gain of 35 km/h in cruise
- reduction of the vibrations of the gyrocopter
- lower noise on all the range of RPM
- fewer gyroscopic effects
=> see the test report
Session 1 : usefull thrust 14 kg more for the DURANDAL XL compare to the FLASH. DURANDAL XL is 1,7 kg lighter compare to the FLASH.
Session 2 : Propeller E-PROPS DURANDAL 100 – L on a G1 ultralight :
- increases maximum speed of 5 km/h
- increases climb rate of 20%
- decreases fuel consumption of about 0,5 liter/hour
- is 40% lighter
than the DUC FLASH propeller
Note : carbon E-Props propellers hold during 1 hour the load at which the FLASH propeller breaks (see test report of the FLASH in its Instruction Manual)
=> OTHER TESTS : GROUND TESTS